Merlin Industrial Products Ltd are proud to sell the Stardust absorbent system.
The manufacturer Paradigm International, Inc. is on the cutting edge of absorbent technology with STARDUST Super Absorbentâ„¢. They call it a super absorbent because of its extraordinary versatility in absorbing any kind of liquid or semi-liquid on contact. This includes all animal, vegetable, mineral, petroleum, and chemical liquids*. It picks up all liquids, of any viscosity, off any hard surface, leaving that surface clean and dry. For that reason it is described as non-select, meaning it does not have a limited range of efficacy.
STARDUST is wholly processed from an inert, inorganic mineral, amorphous alumina silicate. Due to their amorphous structure, STARDUST particles provide a tremendous amount of surface area when compared to their volume. This structure allows for excellent surface tension, contributing to the exceptional absorption qualities of the product. In effect, STARDUST turns the spilled liquid into a solid that can be disposed of easily. Because it is lightweight and so simple to use, it dramatically reduces clean up costs, as well as the ever-increasing costs of disposal.
STARDUST has virtually unlimited uses as a dry absorbent that is safe in all applications. It is not injurious to soil, cement, asphalt, tile, plants, animals, or humans. It contains no reactive chemicals, is not toxic, flammable, or biodegradable, and is environmentally safe and friendly.
* DO NOT USE STARDUST TO ABSORB HYDROFLUORIC ACID.
ABSORBENT VS. ADSORBENT
STARDUST is an ABsorbent. Almost all other products on the market that are sold as ABsorbents are actually ADsorbents. What is the difference? Note the dictionary definitions:
– “to take in and incorporate; assimilate; to suck up; drink in; to take up or receive a chemical by molecular action i.e. bring within, enclose, engulf, consume”. It is as though they had STARDUST in mind when this definition was written. This is truly what it does, as noted above.
Adsorb – “to collect a gas, liquid, or dissolved substance in a condensed form on a surface”. Adsorbents do not encapsulate or stabilize spilled substances. They are primarily useful for picking up and transporting the spilled material. ADsorbents are materials that retain liquids on the surface of their particles by capillary action and surface tension. The problem is that the spilled substance is still there on the surface of the particles and will leach back into the environment. For that reason disposal costs are extremely high, since few landfills can accept wastes that have been ADsorbed. This is especially true for the most widely used ADsorbent, granular clay, commonly referred to as kitty litter.
SUMMARY OF STARDUSTâ€™S ESSENTIAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Picks up any liquids* of any viscosity, from rubbing alcohol to peanut butter.
- Does not have a limited range of efficacy. (It is therefore non-select)
- Reduces cost of clean up, labour, and materials
- Reduces disposal costs
- Reduces risk of slip and fall financial liability
- Inexpensive to use
CLEARLY OUTPERFORMS COMPETITIVE PRODUCTS
- Works instantly
- 15 to 20 times the absorption capacity of clay-based products
- Non-selective, so eliminates the need to stock a wide variety of absorbents
- Labor saving, easy to handle and use
- Light weight
USER SAFE AND ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY
- Non-injurious to soil, cement, asphalt, tile, plants, animals, or humans
- Does not qualify as a carcinogen nor as a substance causing silicosis
- USDA approved for use around food products
- Meets OSHA requirements as outlined in their Blood borne Pathogens Standard (29CFR 1910.1030)
- Meets and exceeds EPA standards for the TCLP (Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure) test, therefore, will not leach back into the environment
|SOME OF THE CATEGORIES OF LIQUIDS STARDUST WILL ABSORB
- Gasoline/diesel/jet fuels
- Hydraulic/brake/transmission fluids
- Motor oil
- Axle grease
- Refining and production wastes or expended by-products
All liquid or semi-liquid food substances
- Honey, syrup
- Jams, jellies
- Peanut butter
- Vegetable oils
|Paint (water, oil, or epoxy based)
All bodily fluids
- Human and animal wastes
- Bases, alkalines
- Acids (except hydrofluoric acid)
STARDUST is the only product of its kind with all of the properties listed above. It is unique. Paradigm International, Inc. is its sole source.
REMEMBER: DO NOT USE STARDUST TO ABSORB HYDROFLUORIC ACID.