Quick shelters are available now. Waiting around for something once you have decided on a plan, product can be painful. Merlin Industrial have a new range of shelters that will help ease your torment.
Installed in hours!
No groundworks, no foundations and no fuss. Concrete pads supplied. Installation across the UK.
- Extra weather protected queuing space
- Covered walkways
- Smoking shelters
- Loading Bays
If you can provide the dimensions and delivery address then these shelters can be typically installed within just 3 weeks.
Download and view example sizes and prices here.
Whether you’re looking for a smoking shelter for your staff, a covered exercise area or want more space outside to conduct your work, the PRO-TECT multi-purpose weather shelters can provide all these whilst protecting everyone from the elements. Convert car parks, entrances and gardens into useable space and provide protection from the elements for your customers and staff.
The system can be quickly installed by our team outside your premises in around 2 hours, with no plant required and minimal disruption to your business.
PRO-TECT is completely free-standing with weighted legs. Our unique concrete blocks mean there are no hidden costs of floor fixing and wall mounts and no groundworks or foundations are required. Our quick lead times mean you could have a shelter up and in use within 10 working days of placing an order.
The shelter has an opal Sunlite™ Roof providing UV, sun and rain protection and a robust aluminium frame-work that can be powder coated to your colours. You can also include an option to brand your shelter and include clear signage to help with one way systems and social distancing.
Structurally tested to peak wind of 56mph.
Available in 5 m x 5 m modules which can be erected in multiples to create virtual unlimited sizes.
Typical Price (2021) is £5000 + VAT installed
- NO GROUNDWORKS – Our unique concrete blocks require no groundworks
- NO HIDDEN COSTS – With no groundworks, there are no extra costs to build foundations
- INSTALLED IN HOURS – Our typical install time is 2 hours, so there’s minimal disruption for you
- SHORT LEAD TIME – It takes just 10 working days from placing your order to your shelter being ready for us
Special Offer for 2010 Free Installation to the UK mainland for all orders placed before the end of June
Smoking Shelters are attractive external structures designed to provide a refuge for smokers from the wind and rain.
The laws governing smoking in public places are in the process of being changed. Scotland and Eire have already passed laws that prohibit smoking in the work-place. England and Wales followed suit in 2007.
Where the laws are already in place, employers can no longer provide â€œsmoking roomsâ€ for their staff – these are prohibited. Instead, many employers are choosing to provide external Shelters for Smokers. The advantage to the employee of a Smoking Shelter is protection from the wind and rain; the advantage to the employer is being able to control where smoking occurs outside the building.
Our Shelters for Smokers come in a range of sizes to suit different needs and budgets. The Traditional Smoking Shelter is a free-standing unit designed for 5-7 people. Its flat roof is often found to be in keeping with the design of industrial buildings. The Premier Shelter for Smokers is another free-standing unit, but designed for 9-12 people. It has an attractive curved translucent roof well-suited to modern office building design.
The Small Wall Mounted Shelter for Smokers offers cover for 2-3 people and is ideal for use by small businesses needing to provide for only a handful of smokers. The Large Wall Mounted Smoking Shelter is made from modular sections allowing the creation of a shelter that suits both your staff and your building
All our shelters for smokers are made from high-grade steel box section covered with a tough epoxy powder coating. The side and roof panels are made from UV resistant Perspex or polycarbonate. For some models, steel side panels can be specified.
All Smoking Shelters are more than 50% open. This means they are exempt from the legislation governing smoking in public places.
Should one of our standard designs or sizes of Shelter not suit, We are able to offer a bespoke manufacturing service. For a modest increase in cost, our designs can be tailored to your exact requirements.
For more details about Smoking Shelters please download the Shelters Brochure Click on the link below to view or download the PDF file.
Smoking Shelters Documentation ( 2500kb) ( Prices correct January 2010)
Stock Smoking Shelters
Dispatched in 48 hours.
Smokescreen Domed Roof Smoking SheltersÂ
Smoking shelters solves the smoking problem inside out – keeping smokers outside, but undercover.Â
Â Following successful implementation of smoking bans in Scotland and Ireland the Government hasÂ invoked a complete smoking ban in all public and workplaces. This will force your smokers outside to brave the elements and increases the likelihood of unsightly smoking waste littering your site. Cigarette butts are the UKs most littered item and can take up to 12 years to decompose!
TheÂ Smokescreen Domed RoofÂ Smoke ShelterÂ will enable you to provide a smoke-free workplace by ensuring that smokers are kept outside but happily under cover. Install a shelter, safe in the knowledge you will ensure a cigarette butt-free workplace.
- Constructed from incredibly strong 40mm aluminium square tube.
- Polyester/ epoxy powder coated making them attractive and rustproof.Â
- Glazing is made from scratch-resistant polyester/ polycarbonate that will not yellow in sunlight.
- 12 standard configurations; 6 freestanding (FS) and 6 back to wall (BW).
- Back to wall shelter will be supplied without any plastic panels for the rear of the shelter as additional weather protection is provided by the close proximity of the external building or structure the shelter is located near to.
- Units arrive flat packed for self-assembly with full instructions.
- Will typically take two suitably qualified workmen no more than four hours to erect onto a prepared base.
Â Smokedome Shelter Half-length side panels provide additional protection from the elements.Â Freestanding design allows employers to control areas where smoking is permitted. Helps to project a professional image by keeping smokers away from building entrances. 50% coverage side panels protect employees from the elements but remain compliant with smoking regulations. Available in 6 sizes. The half-height side panels offer maximum weather protection whilst remaining compliant with smoking regulations. Durable aluminium construction is features an Epoxy / Polyester coating that is incredibly tough and will stand up to the harshest environments.
- Frame:Â Ultra strong 40mm square aluminium tube with epoxy/polyester coating.
- Available with Black finish only.
- Glazing:Â Scratch-resistant Polyester / polycarbonate.
- Will not yellow in sunlight!
- Available in six sizes.
- All shelters are supplied with 50% length side panels.
- Units are delivered flat packed with full instructions for-self assembly.
- Assembly time is typically 4-6 hours for 2 qualified workmen.
Weathershield Smoking Shelter
Complement your building with this attractive and elegant shelter. The curved design promotes a less traditional look to offer something different for new and older style premises. The construction allows efficient ventilation of cigarette smoke encouraging use by smokers and non-smokers alike.Â
- Frame:Â Side and back tubing: 40mm epoxy/polyester powder coated mild steel square tube, 2mm wall thickness.
- Roof tubing:Â 38mm epoxy/polyester powder coated mild steel round tube, 2mm wall thickness.
- Back panels:Â 5mm co-polymer acrylic.
- Roof:Â 4mm polycarbonate.
Configurations and Assembly:
- Delivered on a 2×1 metre pallet with full assembly instructions.
- Assembly time is one hour for two qualified workmen.
- Available in green or black.
- Four week lead time.
Our Smoke Station Porch gives protection for fewer smokers or where space is at a premium. Keep smoking outside your building with this easy solution derived from the standard Smokescreen shelter. We have responded to demands from our customers who want a shelter but don’t have the space to site it. The same durable and protective domed roof is easily attached to walls or posts to overhang doorways or other areas designated for smokers. Some customers even use the porch for loud and distracting mobile phone users.
The lightweight aluminium and polycarbonate structure will not rust and provides a great smoking policy solution for smaller companies or buildings.
Please call 0845 124 9955 for the latest prices and information or use theÂ Contact Us formÂ if outside UK Office Hours